Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine
When looking at the simpler Singer sewing machines, the Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine stands out as a multipurpose workhorse. It offers more standard options than other machines in its class while still being affordable. Without fuss or frills, the Promise is a solid, utilitarian machine that is easy to use right out of the box.
What It Can Do
Singer's 1409 Promise Sewing Machine is a lightweight yet powerful sewing machine. Quick to thread and easy to operate, it is designed to tackle a wide range of projects with efficiency. It features a six basic stitches, two decorative stitches and a buttonhole option. The stitches can be adjusted for length and width, and the reverse option is in easy reach.
The Promise is a free arm machine, allowing it to sew cuffs and sleeves with ease, and the included presser feet make it easy to tackle anything from hems to zippers. Thread tension can also be adjusted, and a high-raising presser foot setup makes it capable of handling almost all garment fabrics.
What Sets It Apart
While other small machines are limited to basic stitching, the Promise is capable of handling all standard garment work without overwhelming the user with options. Because it is lightweight, it is easy to pack and unpack as needed.
- It is also unique from other lightweight models in that it:
- Is built to handle thicker fabrics or multiple layers without jamming
- Includes a darning plate
- Has a duel-needle option for fast hemming
- Is made with metal interior parts for longevity
- Has an on-board accessories case for easy storage
- Features a threading diagram on the machine
- Easy Threading
- Just follow the diagrams printed right on the sewing machine for an easy set-up
- Simple Stitch Selection
- Change stitches with just the turn of a dial
- 9 Built-In Stitches
- 6 Basic Stitches, 2 Decorative Stitches, 1 Buttonhole
- Automatic 4-Step Buttonhole
- Make beautiful buttonholes automatically in 4 easy steps
- Adjustable Stitch Length and ZigZag Width
- Adjust the desired stitch length and zigzag width by a simple turn of the dial
- Adjustable Tension
- Ensures excellent straight stitch quality regardless the type of fabric sewn
- Automatic Reverse
- Automatically sew in reverse and reinforce stitches
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure
- Sew from lightweight to heavyweight fabric without any puckering or pulling
- Snap-on Presser Feet
- Quick release for easy on and off change presser feet in a snap!
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect sewing and durability.
- Free Arm
- Provides professional results by offering easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance for multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Sew from lightweight to heavy fabric without making presser foot pressure adjustments
- Up to 5mm Stitch Width
- Decorative and satin stitches can be set to 5mm wide making a bolder and more pronounced look
- Two Needle Positions
- Needle position can be changed for individual projects, such as inserting zippers or cording and topstitching
- Twin Needle Capability
- When using a twin needle (optional), parallel rows of straight stitching can be sewn for hemming or to add a decorative touch.
- Thread Cutter
- Located for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread tails with scissors
- Sewing Speed
- With a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- FREE Accessories Included
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Edge / Quilting Guide, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15), Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual, Foot Controller, Power Cord
- On Board Storage
- Storage of accessories in the removable sewing bed means accessories are always handy
Who Should Buy It
The Singer 1409 is ideal for beginners, garment repair and rainy day sewers. Users love its easy set up and the number of options they get for the money. The combination of a lightweight frame, durability and functionality also make it ideal for sewing students, theater groups and anyone else that needs to be able to sew on-the-go.
The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine is a favorite of sewers from all backgrounds, including people that have owned more complex Singer sewing machines in the past. If you just want a machine that can get the job done, the Promise is a good fit for you.
All you need to create almost any project
The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine includes all the basic features you need to create almost any project. Basic and decorative stitches include an automatic buttonhole, simple stitch selection with adjustable stitch length and the included darning plate allows your imagination to become reality. Easy threading and an automatic bobbin winder make set-up a breeze. A reverse lever is right at your finger tips for automatic stitch locking. Four included presser feet (all-purpose, buttonhole, button sewing and zipper) are easily accessible in the accessory storage drawer that can be removed to create a free arm for stitching in hard-to-reach areas. Stitches include buttonhole, straight, zig zag, blind hems, rick rack, scallop, and rampart.
Features and Benefits Of The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine
Download The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine Quick Start Guide HERE
Download The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine Product Sheet HERE
Download The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine Manual HERE
Download The Singer 1409 Promise Sewing Machine Manual White HERE