Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine
The minute or so it takes to thread a sewing machine, passing the thread through guides, loops, the take-up lever and the needle, might not seem very long. But multiplied by the frequency that most home sewers perform this action, it adds up to a considerable amount of time. In addition, there are the 20 or so seconds required to load the bobbin and draw up the thread through the throat plate. Over many years and many sewing projects, a considerable amount of time is spent on fussing with thread.
Singer has streamlined both processes in the Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine. Threading requires passing the strand through a simple path from the spool to the needle. A lever located on the left side of the sewing arm pulls the thread through the needle. The bobbin is dropped into the case and the thread is guided through a grove on the throat plate cover and drawn up automatically with the first stitch. Not only do these innovations save time, they also reduce eye strain as there are no tiny eyelets to pass the thread through.
Simple and appealingly designed, the 8763 Curvy is a mid-range, general-purpose sewing machine for the home sewer who wants versatility and ease of use. The 30 built-in stitches are sufficient for most projects and include six basic, five stretch, 17 decorative and two automatic buttonholes. An attractive and easy-to-read front panel includes push-button selection and sliding levers for stitch length and width. The Curvy will automatically select a length and width for each stitch but the user can change these easily. The symbols that represent stitches and functions are easy to interpret and led lights clearly indicate the active stitch.
The included accessories are standard and, again, sufficient for most beginning and intermediate sewing projects: all-purpose foot, zipper foot, blind hem foot, and buttonhole and satin stitch feet, as well as three bobbins, darning plate, small seam ripper, spool pin felts and caps and needles in three sizes. Power cord, foot pedal, user manual and plastic cover are the other essential items included in the purchase.
The Singer 8763 Curvy is a computerized, free arm sewing machine with a good selection of stitches suitable for most home sewing projects. A moderately experienced sewer should be able to take this machine out of the box and start sewing immediately. Affordably priced and easy to use, this machine is an excellent choice for beginning and intermediate sewers.
The Singer 8763 Curvy sewing machine boasts 30 built-in stitches including 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes, automatic stitch length and width and Drop & Sew™ bobbin system. The SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader will make threading your machine easy and frustration free. Drop feed for free motion sewing and an extra-high presser foot lifter allow for expert quilting. Push button stitch selection allows you to change stitches in one easy step.
The Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine Has A Drop feed for free motion sewing and an extra-high presser foot lifter allow for expert quilting. Push button stitch selection allows you to change stitches in one easy step.
- Included Accessories: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Machine Intro DVD, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual with Stitch Guide, Foot Control, Power Cord
- SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader is the biggest timesaver
- Automatic stitch length and width provide the right stitch settings every time
- 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes provide professional results at the touch of a button
- 30 built-in stitches – essential, stretch, decorative, 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes
- Drop and Sew bobbin system has automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading
Features and Benefits Of The Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine
- Electronic Sewing Machine with Push-Button Stitch Selection
- With just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension.
- SwiftSmart™ Threading System
- Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading!
- Drop and Sew Bobbin System
- There's no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew!
- 3 StayBright™ LED Lights
- Not just one but three lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated.
- 30 Built-In Stitches
- A large variety of stitches for clothing construction, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decorating and decorative sewing. 6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative, 2 Buttonholes.
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process, providing reliable results every time. Each side of the buttonhole is sewn in the same direction, creating beautifully balanced buttonholes.
- Automatic Tension
- This system ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric is being used.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making presser foot adjustments.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot
- Free Arm
- Provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Automatic Stitch Length & Width
- Automatic optimal settings for length and width can be overridden to personalize length choice.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the center, not the left or right. This provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
- Automatic Tacking Stitch Function
- Tie-off decorative stitches with just a push of a button. With 4 tiny tacking stitches the start and end of the pattern is reinforced. This ensures quality stitching and prevents unraveling.
- Automatic Tie-Off Function
- This function reinforces the start and end of seams for stronger stitching.
- Automatic Reverse
- Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Sewing Speed
- With a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- DC Motor
- Provides instant start up and stop with no casting, for accurate and precise stitch placement
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer
- 6-Segment Feeding System
- This is a specially designed feed dog that ensures the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This makes for much more accurate fabric feeding.
- Box Feed
- This is a feed dog motion that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
- Direct Drive
- The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
- Thread Cutter
- Located on the machine for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread with scissors
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- Easily change presser feet without a screwdriver
- Soft-Sided Dust Cover
- Keep the sewing machine free of dust and debris while not in use
- On Board Storage
- Have easy access to accessories while sewing
- Thirteen Needle Positions
- The position of the needle can be adjusted for individual projects including inserting zippers, cording and topstitching.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- 25-year limited warranty including 25 years on head, five years on motor and electronic components, and one year on belts, bulbs, and attachments.
- FREE Accessories Included
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal
The Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine features the innovative Swift Smart? Threading System that has one touch threading! The Drop & Sew? bobbin system, 30 stitch patterns including two fully automatic one-step buttonholes and optimum stitch settings are just a few of this machine?s features.
Included Accessories: General/All Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Needles, Bobbins (4), Auxiliary Spool Pin, Felt Discs (2), Spool Caps (3), Seam Ripper/Brush, Screwdriver, Darning/Feed Cover Plate, Foot Pedal, Dust Cover, Power Cord, Instruction Manual
Download The Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine Manual FREE!
Download The Singer 8763 Curvy Sewing Machine Product Sheet FREE!