Singer 8770 Curvy Sewing Machine
The Singer 8770 Curvy sewing machine is full of features including 225 Built-In Stitches with Alphanumeric Stitches and 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes, Twin Needle Sewing Capability, Automatic Stitch Length and Width, Programmable Needle Up/Down and Drop Feed for free motion sewing.
Sew ahead of the curve
The Singer 8770 Curvy Sewing Machine offers a world of functionality for sewers, featuring our exclusive SwiftSmart threading system and drop and sew bobbin system. These features together, make threading a cinch, giving you more time to explore your creativity and less time threading. Additional easy features allow you to sew ahead of the curve. Choose from any of the machine's 225 built-in stitches include alphanumeric stitches and seven styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes.
The Swiftsmart Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader as well as the Drop and Sew Bobbin System makes machine set-up frustration-free. The 20 Entry Memory Bank holds full names and short phrases for sewing over and over again. The Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter will accommodate thicker and layered fabrics.
SwiftSmart Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader is the biggest timesaver.
Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading.
Block Alphabets and Numerals allow you to personalize any project with a monogram at 5mm 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes provide professional results at the touch of a button 225 Built-In Stitches--6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 207 Decorative, Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes, 1 Endless Buttonhole Built-In Alphanumeric Stitches allow you to personal projects by adding a 5mm monogram, name, or phrase with the Built-In Block Style Alphabet and Numeric Stitches Automatic Stitch Length and Width provide the right stitch settings every time drop and sew Bobbin System has automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading 3 Staybright LED Lights illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing and stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated
Included Accessories: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Machine Intro DVD, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual with Stitch Guide, Foot Control, Power Cord.
Singer is Sewing Made Easy Online YouTube instructional videos illustrate how to thread the machine and get started sewing. Heavy Duty Metal Frame holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and durability.
- Computerized Sewing Machine
- With just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension. With the built-in memory you can combine stitch patterns, alphabets and numbers for endless possibilties.
- SwiftSmart Threading System
- Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading!
- Drop and Sew Bobbin System
- There’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew!
- 3 StayBright LED Lights
- Not just one but three lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated.
- 225 Built-In Stitches
- A large variety of stitches for construction, embroidery, fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decorating and decorative sewing. Plus, a stitch guide highlighting when and how to use built-in stitches is included. 6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 207 Decorative, 7 Buttonholes
- Six Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Choose from six different one-step buttonhole styles. Create perfectly sized buttonholes every time, no matter how many you want to make.
- 1 Endless Buttonhole
- Allows you to create buttonholes with infinitely long sides.
- Block Alphabets & Numerals Included
- Personalize any project with a monogram.
- Memory Capability
- Combine stitch patterns and alphabets for endless possibilities.
- Drop Feed
- Use this setting for stippling, button sewing and more!
- LCD Screen
- The LCD screen provides clear and easy viewing of stitch patterns including stitch length and width.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The programmable needle up/down feature is vital for quilters when piecing together patchworks. Select to have the needle stop in the down position when appliquéing, quilting or pivoting fabric. When removing the fabric from the machine, the needle must be raised to the highest position.
- Electronic Twin Needle Control
- Twin needle sewing creates two parallel rows of stitching, adding a decorative touch to any project. With the electronic twin needle control, stitches are automatically adjusted for twin needle sewing in a snap. Full instructions are included in the manual.
- Mirror Image and Continuous Pattern
- Stitches can be mirror imaged with just a touch of a button. Individual stitches can be sewn together as a pattern just as easily
- Automatic Tension
- This system ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric is being used.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making presser foot adjustments.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot
- Free Arm
- Provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Automatic Stitch Length & Width
- Automatic optimal settings for length and width can be overridden to personalize length choice.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the center, not the left or right. This provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
- Automatic Tacking Stitch Function
- Tie-off decorative stitches with just a push of a button. With 4 tiny tacking stitches the start and end of the pattern is reinforced. This ensures quality stitching and prevents unraveling.
- Automatic Tie-Off Function
- This function reinforces the start and end of seams for stronger stitching.
- Automatic Reverse
- Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Sewing Speed
- With a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- DC Motor
- Provides instant start up and stop with no casting, for accurate and precise stitch placement
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer
- 6-Segment Feeding System with Box Feed
- This is a specially designed feed dog that ensures the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This makes for much more accurate fabric feeding. Box Feed is a feed dog motion that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
- Direct Drive
- The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
- Thread Cutter
- Located on the machine for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread with scissors
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- Easily change presser feet without a screwdriver
- Soft-Sided Dust Cover
- Keep the sewing machine free of dust and debris while not in use
- On Board Storage
- Have easy access to accessories while sewing
- Thirteen Needle Positions
- The position of the needle can be adjusted for individual projects including inserting zippers, cording and topstitching.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- 25-year limited warranty including 25 years on head, five years on motor and electronic components, and one year on belts, bulbs, and attachments.
- FREE Accessories Included
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal