The Singer EM200 Superb embroidery machine is definitely not for beginners or casual home sewers. This is a serious, high-end embroidery machine with a hefty price tag. It was designed for professional and experienced home sewers who want to create beautiful and intricate designs on everything from children’s cotton t-shirts to sophisticated and glamorous evening wear.
It is hard to imagine that there is any decorative task that this machine cannot do. The extra-large embroidery area can accommodate a snap-on hoop that measures 10.25 x 6 inches for large patterns. A smaller hoop, 4 x 4 inches, is also included. A machine speed of 700 stitches per minute powers through complex embroidery and monogramming tasks in a fraction of the time required for hand embroidery. All pattern and stitch selections are done using a large, backlit LCD touch screen. Additional patterns may be downloaded from the internet using a USB key that is included with the accessories, so a certain amount of technical knowledge is a definite plus.
The user manual is printed in English, Spanish and French. The instructions in each language take up about 30 pages, which means some considerable reading time even for experienced sewers. The last seventeen pages of the manual comprise a reference listing of all 200 built-in patterns along with the pattern number, stitch number and dimensions. For monogramming, the EM200 features 2 fonts, one cursive and one san serif. Each can be scaled to three different sizes, and includes some characters with diacritical marks for languages other than English.
In addition to the accessories already mentioned, the machine comes with four bobbins, a thread net, five needles, two screwdrivers and a seam ripper, lint brush and an extra spool pin. An accessory tray is built into the sewing bed. A nice additional feature is that the EM200 can be connected to both 100V and 220V outlets.
It is important to note that this machine can be used for embroidery only. It does not come with any additional presser feet and there is no way to program for a straight stitch. It is not a general purpose sewing machine. Also, the list price of $1400 makes it somewhat more of an investment than a purchase. For the serious sewer looking to create works of art with thread and cloth, the EM200 is a powerful tool, backed with the Singer guarantee of functionality, reliability and usability.
The Singer EM200 Superb Embroidery Machine is not just a new machine. It’s a new era. Introducing the new SINGER® SUPERB™ embroidery only machine. We’re shaking things up just like we did over 160 years ago with a sleek, new design that’s inspired by our iconic machines. But we didn’t stop with a new look. This machine is built to handle whatever embroidery project you throw at it—it’s designed to power your passion.
Features Of The Singer EM200 Superb Embroidery Machine
- 200 Embroidery Designs + 6 Alphabet Options
- Embroidery only machine with 200 designs plus 6 alphabet options expands your creative and monogramming possibilities.
- Extra-Large Embroidery Area
- 10 1/4 in X 6 in hoop accommodates large embroidery designs.
- 2 Snap-On Embroidery Hoops Included
- Includes both large embroidery hoop (10 1/4 in X 6 in) and small embroidery hoop (4 in X 4 in) for a broader range of design selections.
- Complimentary Downloadable Software
- Enhances your options and creativity
- LCD Touch Screen
- Easily adjust embroidery settings with a large LCD touch screen.
- USB Stick Embroidery Design Transfer
- Easily store and save designs for easy transfer to machine
- 7 7/8 Inch Work Area
- Wider needle-to-tower area makes it easier to manage hoops and hands.
- 700 Stitches Per Minute
- Finish your embroidery projects quicker with a fast stitching speed.
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Embroidery's biggest timesaver
- 3 Staybright LED Lights
- See your embroidery area more clearly
- Automatic Thread Tension
- Automatically keeps stitches balanced and even
- Thread Cutter
- Cuts the top and bobbin thread with the touch of a button
- Bobbin Winding while Embroidering
- No more starting from scratch just to refill the bobbin
- Updateable Software
- Learn and grow with your machine as technology advances
- Universal Power Supply
- Ability to use on 100V and 220V outlets
- Start/Stop Button
- Operate the machine easily without the foot pedal
- Upper Thread Sensor
- No more running out of thread without warning in the middle of a project!
- Snap-On Presser Foot
- The included embroidery foot snaps-on for easy installation and removal.
- Accessories Included
- Large Embroidery Hoop (10 1/4 in X 6 in), Small Embroidery Hoop (4 in X 4 in), Embroidery Foot, Thread Spool Net, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper, Lint Brush, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Bobbins, Pack of Needles, USB Embroidery Stick
Download The Instruction Manual Here For The Singer EM200 Superb Embroidery Machine.