Singer SE340 Legacy Sewing and Embroidery Machine
It’s not just a dress. It’s my canvas.
It’s not just a new machine. It’s a new era. Introducing the stylish new Singer SE340 Legacy Sewing and Embroidery machine. Gone are the days of longing for a machine that has all the features you need and love. This sleek new machine is packed with features and ready to help you transform your canvas into a masterpiece.
The SE340 Legacy Sewing and Embroidery machine from Singer really can do it all. It is both a high end embroidery machine with 200 built-in designs, and a sewing machine with 250 stitches. That is 450 built-in stitches total! Whatever the professional or home sewer wishes to create, the SE340 is the machine for the job.
The sewing stitches cover all the basics and much more: straight and zigzag, stretch, buttonhole, quilting, elongation, satin, decorative and heirloom stitches. The hinged top of the machine lifts to reveal a complete chart of all stitches and their corresponding numbers for quick and convenient selection. The embroidery function offers a wide range of patterns for every project: whimsical animals, beautiful botanicals, seasonal and hobby-related images, as well as abstract and traditional motifs. The user manual includes a complete embroidery design guide, covering fifteen pages, making it easy to find the desired pattern. For monogramming, there are two different fonts, one script and one block, each available in three different sizes.
Controls are a combination of push button and LCD touch screen and a USB flash drive is included for embroidery design transfer. Some technical expertise is needed to take full advantage of all this machine has to offer. However, the user manual includes detailed directions with clear illustrations that are easy to understand. It is printed in English, Spanish and French.
A truly versatile sewing machine, the SE340 comes with 10 presser feet: All-Purpose, Overcasting, Zipper, Blind Hem, Button Sewing, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Straight Stitch, Satin Stitch, Open Toe, and Parallel Sewing. All are snap-on for easy change-out. The accessories are fairly standard and include bobbins, needles in various sizes, spool pins and felts, two screw drivers, seam ripper and lint brush. Two embroidery hoops accommodate both large and small projects.
Power and speed have not been overlooked in the SE340. It will sew 700 stitches per minute for embroidery and 800 stitches per minute for standard sewing. The universal power supply can be used with both 100V and 220V outlets. Other features that make this machine a joy to use are the ability to refill a bobbin while embroidering and an upper thread sensor that indicates when the top spool is nearly empty.
List price for the Singer SE340 is a hefty $1600, although lower promotional prices are available. However, this machine will meet the needs of even advanced and professional sewers for many years, justifying every penny spent.
- 250 Built-In Stitches
- The right stitch: easier sewing with better results. Includes 10 Onetouch Basic Stitches, 8 Basic Stitches, 7 Stretch Stitches, 118 Decorative Stitches, 14 Fully-Automatic Buttonholes, 18 Satin Stitches, 23 Elongation Stitches, 22 Quilting Stitches and 30 Heirloom Stitches
- 7 7/8 Inch (200 mm)Work Area
- Wider needle-to-tower area makes it easier to manage hoops and projects
- Automatic Thread Tension
- Automatically keeps stitches balanced and even
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Sewing's biggest timesaver
- Thread Cutter Cuts the top and bobbin thread with the touch of a button
- Start and Stop Button
- Operate the machine easily without the foot pedal
- 3 Staybright LED Lights
- See your sewing and embroidery area more clearly
- Drop Feed
- Free motion sewing for creative topstitching
- High Sewing and Embroidery Speeds
- At 800 sewing stitches per minute and 700 embroidery stitches per minute, you'll finish your projects quicker
- LCD Touch Screen
- Easily adjust sewing and embroidery settings with a large LCD touch screen
- 200 Embroidery Designs + 6 Alphabet Options
- 200 designs plus 6 alphabet options expands your creative and monogramming possibilities
- Extra-Large Embroidery Area
- 10 1/4 in X 6 in hoop accommodates large embroidery designs
- 2 Snap-On Embroidery Hoops Included
- Includes both large embroidery hoop (10 1/4 in X 6 in) and small embroidery hoop (4 in X 4 in) for a broader range of design selections
- Complimentary Downloadable Software
- Enhance your options and creativity with the complimentary software available for download
- Updateable Software
- Easy online updates. Learn and grow with your machine as technology advances
- USB Stick Embroidery Design Transfer
- Easily store and save designs for easy transfer to machine
- Bobbin Winding while Embroidering
- No more starting from scratch just to refill the bobbin
- Universal Power Supply
- Ability to use on 110V and 220V outlets
- Upper Thread Sensor
- No more running out of thread without warning in the middle of a project
- 10 Snap-On Presser Feet
- A foot for almost any project is included! Change from one foot to another effortlessly
- Large Embroidery Hoop (10 1/4 in X 6 in), Small Embroidery Hoop (4 in X 4 in), All-Purpose Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Straight Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Open Toe Foot, Embroidery Foot, Parallel Sewing Foot, Quilting Bar, Thread Spool Net, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper, Lint Brush, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Bobbins, Pack of Needles and USB Embroidery Stick