Singer XL-420 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Singer XL-420 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine has produced a line of Singer Sewing and Embroidery Machines that not only contain the most advanced preset programs, they also allow the owner to figuratively grow into the machine itself, learning how to incorporate the multitude of endless designs as they become more adept at working on complex projects.
One of the premier Singer sewing and embroidery machines is the XL-420 Futura. Although the list of features can be a little overwhelming at first, close examination of the machine will unveil every detail, and potential buyers will be impressed with how this model can open the door to thousands of design ideas. The Singer XL-420 Futura sewing machine is the perfect combination sewing/embroidery machine for beginners and intermediate users.
Advanced Sewing Features
The XL-420 has an independent bobbin winding system and electronic thread trimmer. There are a total of 30 built-in stitches including numbers and block letters. Users can choose from two different buttonhole programs, each of which is a one-step procedure.
Creating monograms and other types of embroidery patterns is becoming the new fad for beginning seamsters. The XL-420 was designed with this in mind. The model has a large, 10" X 6" embroidery hoop with multi-hooping capability, something lacking on other competing models. This multi-hooping feature allows for extra-large patterns of up to 20" X 10", making it very easy to place embroidery patterns on larger garments.
User-Friendly And Easy To Operate
The Singer XL-420 Futura sewing machine has a special knee lifter control that allows for hands-free presser foot lifting. The SwiftSmart threading system makes preparation of the thread a snap. This feature also includes the automatic bobbin thread pick-up. There are a total of six LED lights that are cleverly placed for maximum lighting of the sewing surface, yet this lighting is calm enough to allow extended viewing of the work being performed without eye strain from bright lights.
Beginner and intermediate level sewing enthusiasts will love the 200 built-in embroidery designs, 20 of which are endless. With the endless hoop connected, users can easily pattern an entire perimeter of a table cloth or large garment.
Connecting the machine to a PC with the included USB cable makes for easy programming and one-step operation. This model comes with all the software needed to make even the most complicated embroidery patterns a simple process. Users select a pattern on their computer and send the instructions directly to the XL-420. With the press of a button, the machine begins following the pattern instructions.
Compared To Other Models
Several other models from different manufacturers offer some or all of these features, but most are bulkier and also more expensive. Top-of-the-line Singer sewing and embroidery machines such as the XL-420 Futura will exceed the expectations of even the more advanced seamster, and the price is more than reasonable.
For Creativity that Knows No Limits. The SINGER Futura XL-420 embroidery and sewing machine includes innovative features that allow you to do more than ever before. With an endless hoop, knee lifter for hands-free presser foot lifting, extra-large sewing space for quilting and 200 built-in embroidery designs – including 20 endless designs – it’s just what you need to make your sewing creativity truly limitless. Convenience features like the SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader, Drop and Sew bobbin system with automatic bobbin thread pick-up, and presser foot sensor make getting started quick and easy. Six StayBright LED lights keep your extra-large sewing space well lit when working on big quilting and sewing projects.
Advanced sewing features like an Independent Bobbin Winding System, Electronic Thread Trimmer, 30 built-in sewing stitches including block letters and numbers ensure that this is a machine you can grow into. 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes provide the perfect finish to garments. When creating monograms and other embroidery designs the possibilities are endless. With a larger embroidery hoop size of 10” x 6” and multi-hooping capability, you can create designs up to 12 by 20 inches. This fantastic feature and will allow you to embroider large format projects such as table cloths, bedspreads, dresses and more.Get the same quality embroidery results as high-end embroidery machines but at a fraction of the cost by using your own PC. Simply connect your PC to the Futura XL-420 sewing and embroidery machine via the included USB cable, use the included software with built-in tutorials, and send the design to the machine. Push a button and you're embroidering.New innovations like a knee lifter for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot, 200 built-in all new embroidery designs including 20 endless designs keep you ahead of the curve. The new Endless Hoop 6.75” x 4” allows you to create border designs on tablecloths, fashions and draperies. With the Quick Release lever, lining up the Endless Design is quick and easy.
Features Of The Singer XL-420 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 200 ALL NEW Embroidery Designs
- Includes small hoop, large hoop and 20 endless designs
- NEW Endless Embroidery Hoop
- Create beautiful border and edging designs in this 6.75” X 4” hoop.
- Multi-Hooping Capability
- Easily create designs larger than one hoop. Large multiple hoop embroidery designs can be easily created on screen providing the sewer with the capability to precisely match stitches and designs.
- 3 Easy-On Extra-Large Hoops
- Includes a 10” X 6” large hoop, 4” X 4” small hoop and 6.75” X 4” endless hoop
- Stippling Embroidery Designs
- Easily creates free motion quilting effects with embroidery.
- Design File Compatibility
- The included embroidery software will read these design file types: FHE, XXX, JEF, CHE, HUS, PES, DST, SHV, PEC, EXP, VIP, PCS, PSW & SEW.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Using the embroidery software, you can resize a design, letters or delete part of a design to meet your needs.
- Easily Sends Designs to Machine
- One icon click in the embroidery software sends the design to your machine
- 5 Popular Fonts for Monogramming
- Select from 5 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Outline Lettering
- Create big, bold letters using a running or satin stitch.
- Embroidery Software Included
- Installation software comes on a handy CD.
- Live Software Updates
- You can set the embroidery software to check for updates manually or on a set schedule. With a live internet connection, if an update is detected, it will automatically download to your desktop and await installation.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- By allowing you to use your own computer, this unique innovation gives you the same capabilities of other embroidery machines at a fraction of the cost.
- SWIFTSMART™ Threading System
- Simply guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for easy needle threading.
- DROP & SEW™ Bobbin System
- No need to pull up the bobbin thread manually. Simply insert the bobbin, place the thread in the channel and start sewing.
- 6 STAYBRIGHT™ LED Lights
- With lights on each side of the needle area as well as one light over the large surface to the right of the needle, it is easier to see your work.
- 30 Built-In Sewing Stitches
- 6 Basic, 5 Stretch 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonholes
- A large variety of stitches for fashion, home décor, quilting and heirloom sewing always ensures the perfect stitch for every project.
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process, providing reliable results every time.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Foot with Underplate
- This foot sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
- Knee Lifter
- The knee lifter allows for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot and is vital when appliquéing, embroidering or quilting.
- Extra-Large Sewing Space
- Plenty of room for your biggest projects with 8.25 inches from the needle to the tower
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position when your foot is lifted from the controller, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéacute;ing and quilting.
- Drop Feed
- Perfect for free-motion embroidery, machine embroidery, monograms and attaching buttons without the need to attach a darning plate.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- There are two heights to the presser foot lifter. The second height offers a ¼” more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot.
- Automatic Tension
- Stable stitch quality no matter the type of fabric used
- Speed Control Lever
- Slide the lever on the front of the machine to set the sewing speed from slow to fast. When the foot pedal is used the lever functions as a top speed limiter
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Accessories Included
- 6.75” X 4” Endless Embroidery Hoop, 10” X 6” embroidery hoop, 4” X 4” embroidery hoop, Knee Lifter, USB Cable, Embroidery Foot, All Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Thread Spool Nets, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Scissors, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush and Vinyl Accessory Bag
- Computer Requirements
- Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, 1GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0
Embroidery and Sewing machine with 200 built-in embroidery designs and 30 built-in sewing stitches
Endless Hoop (6.75” x 4”) for creating borders and edgings, Large Hoop (10” x 6”) with multi-hooping capability, Small Hoop (4” x 4”) and Knee Lifter for hands-free presser foot lifting
Long Arm Design provides extra-large sewing space for managing quilts and other bulky projects
Reads most popular embroidery formats. So you can download designs from CDs and the Internet