Singer XL-550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine
When it comes to Singer sewing and embroidery machines, the Singer XL 550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine can just about do it all. This self-threading, computerized sewing machine does everything from original embroidered artwork to quilting with no additional purchases necessary, making it cost effective for new hobbyists and well-practiced seamstresses alike. According to users' reviews, the software is relatively simple, and the comprehensive XL 550 manual makes it a manageable upgrade even for less tech-savvy consumers.
The Singer XL 550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine has so many useful, money-saving functions that it can pay itself off in virtually no time at all. These fully customizable Singer sewing and embroidery machines feature an 18.5-by-11-inch multihoop option, allowing for large home projects, such as wedding dresses and themed table cloths, as well as smaller ones. With more than 200 types of stitches and 125 embroidery patterns available, high fashion and style is within reach for any home-based fashion designer.
Nothing says “one of a kind” like a home-embroidered and tailored wedding dress, especially when one considers that the average price for a bridal gown is hundreds of dollars more than the cost of the Singer XL 550 Futura sewing and embroidery machine. Users can choose from six variations of automatic buttonholes, which can be important when making a dapper-looking custom tuxedo to go with that dress. Of course, the look would be incomplete without a monogrammed handkerchief, but this machine has it covered with two snap-on embroidery hoops. The small, 100-by-100-millimeter hoop is perfect for achieving those delicate details.
Meanwhile, entrepreneurs can use the 20 monogramming fonts included with the software to improve their branding and produce a more professional product. The software CD also comes with text conversion software called HyperFont™, adding users’ TrueType computer fonts to that stockpile for endless logo design capabilities. Often in fashion, the label is just as important as couture itself in creating brand recognition, so being able to use advanced editing, clip art, and self-created designs is a huge bonus.
The XL 550 Futura can efficiently tackle most sewing and embroidery tasks, having the ability to switch to a new bobbin and thread its needle automatically without missing a beat. The foot presser lifts high enough to manage some of the coarsest materials, while the machine itself selects the correct tension for durable stitching. Stitches up to 7 millimeters in width provide for some unique design capabilities. The system also alerts the user if the needle is becoming worn down, so it is easier to prevent having a needle break during a project.
Few sewing machines, let alone other Singer sewing and embroidery machines, are as budget-friendly as the XL 550 Futura while providing so many features straight out of the box. Many sewing machines, such as the seemingly less expensive Brother PE770 embroidery machine, require the additional purchase of pricey software and hoops, but this one comes with everything anyone needs to perform all of its functions. Additional features that contribute to this machine’s ease of use include a bobbin winding motor for concurrently sewing while winding; adjustable speed; bright LED lights for the work area; horizontal and vertical spool pins; and two separate accessory trays.
With 215 sewing stitches, 125 built-in embroidery designs and great automatic features, it’s so easy to let your creativity lead the way! Create monogrammed napkins, embroidered garments, decorative pillows and so much more, all with one machine: the Singer Futura XL-550 sewing and embroidery machine.
Singer XL-550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- SwiftSmart Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- Sewing's biggest timesaver!
- Separate Bobbin Winding Motor
- You can easily wind a bobbin while sewing or embroidering.
- Speed Control
- Reduce the speed for precise sewing. Easily accessible on the front of your machine.
- 6 StayBright LED Lights
- Fills the sewing surface with light, making it easier to view your work and eliminating eye strain
- Drop and Sew Bobbin System
- Automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading. The clear cover makes it easy to see the bobbin supply.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- Easy to place multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot
- 2 Built-In Spool Pins
- Horizontal and vertical thread delivery are handy for twin needle sewing, specialty sewing and topstitching techniques.
- 2 Accessory Trays
- The machine accessories are within handy reach, stored in the Removable Extension Table. Plus, another extra accessory storage in the embroidery
- Embroidery Features
- To access the built-in tutorials in the software for your Singer Futura sewing and embroidery machine, please follow these instructions:
- >>Open the software.
- >>Click on the Help tab at the top of the toolbar.
- >>Click on How-To Tutorial.
- >>Choose a category.
- 2 Snap-On Hoops Included
- Create beautiful embroideries in a variety of sizes: Extra Large 260 mm x 160 mm and Small 100 mm x 100 mm.
- Multi-Hoop Capability to Embroider Designs Larger than One Hoop
- Gives endless possibilities to embroider designs up to 480 mm x 280 mm (18 ½” x 11”)
- 125 Embroidery Designs Included
- A large selection of embroidery designs are included to get you started right away.
- Design File Capability
- Automatically reads most embroidery design file formats.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Customize your embroidery on your computer screen. Combine multiple designs into one design file and add lettering to personalize your embroidery. Select custom colors for your threads. Rotate embroidery designs in one degree increments for perfect placement and design possibilities. Flip embroidery designs horizontally and/or vertically or repeat embroidery designs for even more creative possibilities. Resizing capability allows you to reduce or enlarge the embroidery design for use on any project.
- Lettering Program with 20 Fonts
- Select from 20 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Built-In Multi-Lingual Alphabet
- English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Turkish, Norwegian and Russian
- Trace Design
- Trace the outline of the design in the embroidery hoop to accurately position the design.
- 3D Realistic View and Print Capabilities
- Stitches appear on the computer screen exactly as they will sew. Print the design to create placement templates.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- Quick transfer of designs, no additional hardware or cards are needed.
- Windows Compatible
- Operates with any computer with an Operating System of Windows XP / Vista® / 7 / 8 / 8.1 (Windows® 8 & 8.1 require a software update available at Futura-Support.com)
- Software Included
- Software CD including Installation Software, AutoPunch HyperFont and Editing. AutoPunch converts clip art, logos and self-created designs into embroidery. HyperFont converts all TrueType fonts on your PC into embroidery. Advanced Editing allows you to edit existing embroidery designs
- Additional Embroidery Designs
- Download additional embroidery designs at myembroideries.com.
- Sewing Features
- Extra-Large Sewing Space
- The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives more space for Quilts and other Large Projects.
- 215 Built-In Stitches
- For a wide variety of sewing. You will always have the perfect stitch for every project.
- 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonholes are quickly and easily sewn in a simple one-step process. Both columns are sewn in the same direction to lie smoothly and prevent distortion. Also includes an Endless Button hole.
- Up to 7mm Stitch Width
- Decorative stitches are wide, bold and beautiful.
- Automatic Tension
- The best tension is automatically set for any stitch
- Presser Foot Sensor
- Notifies with error message and buzzer when presser foot is not down
- Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate
- Makes it easy to create buttonholes, even on thick fabrics or uneven fabric thicknesses
- Programmable Needle Up / Down
- One touch sets the needle to stop up or down for easy pivoting, appliqué, accurate stitch placement and more.
- Electronic Twin Needle Function
- Limits the stitch width when using a twin needle on decorative stitches to prevent needle breakage
- Drop Feed
- A convenient lever lowers the feed teeth for free-motion embroidery and creative top stitching.
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- One touch instantly cuts the top and bobbin thread while sewing. In embroidery it cuts the threads between color changes and at the end.
Download The Singer XL-550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine Quick Start Guide Here
Download The Singer XL-550 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine Product Sheet Here